Race of the Day, June 11
Presque Isle Downs, Erie, PA, 5:05 P.M. ET
Maiden, 1 mile, 3 yr. old, Fillies, Purse: $35K.
Jump on your mobile smartphone (or computer) at the end of the day and watch the 1st from Presque Isle Downs with All Day Racing. It’s a maiden allowance to kick off the card. Here’s what you need to know:
- Elysian (#3, 6/5) should be the heavy favorite. She failed last time out at 1/9, after ducking in and hitting the fence with a clear lead. Avoiding that sort of trouble should easily find the winner’s circle today.
- Stickthelanding (#9, 5/2) ran sharp last time out off the layoff for a trainer who usually gets it done at the maiden allowance level. An improvement is likely, but Elysian would need to falter.
- Quiet Elite (#2, 5/1) ships from River Downs — I mean, Belterra Park — where she ran in an Ohio-bred stakes, which may actually be a weaker race than this one.
- Street Interest (#1, 8/1) makes the second start of a layoff and should be returning to an ideal distance. The rail makes this one a tad interesting.
- Keystone Kelly (#6, 10/1) debuts for Caruso, a trainer who can get it done with firsters. Decent turf breeding here, which may translate to the polytrack.
- Etna’s Anger (#4, 3-1) should put forth a solid effort, but it is likely to be too slow, unless others do not fire.
- Did that adventurous last race take anything out of Elysian? It’s doubtful. She’s the fastest and, most likely, will win easily.
- What kind of debut can we expect from Keystone Kelly? She’s the only one who could beat Elysian, if Elysian runs her race.
- Will the race set up for Stickthelanding? She should improve, but would need a bit of pace in front of her to get it done.
- Street Interest: 12-1
- Quiet Elite: 6-1
- Elysian: 1-1
- Etna’s Anger: 6-1
- Fairly Lovely: 30-1
- Keystone Kelly: 5-1
- Cue’s Haven: 75-1
- Lady Monarch: 12-1
- Stickthelanding: 4-1
What I’m thinking of wagering:
- Play Elysian at even money or higher.
- If not, play Keystone Kelly at 5-1 or greater, but not more than 10-1.
- Consider Keystone Kelly and Stickthelanding as straight exactas under Elysian, if total return from both plays is 8-1.